Have You Been Injured In A Bike Accident?
Ohio’s suburban and urban roads are filled with cyclists. Unfortunately, these road pose countless dangers to cyclists. Cyclists do not have the benefit of airbags and a seatbelt to protect them in case of a bike accident. As a team of experienced personal injury attorneys, we at Beausay & Nichols Law Firm have seen the horrific damage caused by bike accidents, from broken bones to traumatic brain injuries.
We handle cases involving negligence from drivers as well as negligence from other cyclists. We also handle cases involving mechanical failures of bike components. For example, we have handled cases involving:
- Cars following too closely
- Cars passing too closely
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield
- Vehicles turning without signaling
- Bike frame breaking while riding
- Carbon fiber failures
- Bicycle bearing failures
- Negligent assembly and repair
Succeeding in a bike-related injury lawsuit is not easy. You must prove that negligence on the part of another party contributed to your accident and left you with injuries. We have proven this standard again and again on behalf of our clients. With more than 40 years of experience between us, we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
What Is Comparative Negligence?
Ohio is a state with comparative negligence laws. This means that if both parties involved in an accident contributed a portion of fault, you could still recover financial compensation. Say, for example, that the court determines you had 20% fault in a crash and the driver had the other 80%. You would have the right to recover compensation for up to 80% of your damages.
Get A Free Consultation From Our Experienced Team
You should not have to suffer because another person or party caused your bicycle accident. When you need lawyers who combine experience with knowledge, you can rely on our team. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your options, call our Columbus office at 614-529-3476 or send us an email.